Last updated: 05/24/2018
IndieReader Website Usage and Purchase Customer Agreement
1. This Agreement can not be cancelled nor monies refunded. If IndieReader declines to provide the Review, you will receive a full refund for your purchase. If IndieReader elects to provide the Review, the Review process will begin after IndieReader receives this signed and dated Agreement, two copies of the Book (three copies are required for entry in the IndieReader Discovery Awards) and payment. Copies of the Book become the property of IndieReader and will not be returned to Author.
2. Standard reviews are generally completed and returned to Author within seven to nine weeks, while rush reviews are completed and returned to Author within four to six weeks (an additional week will be added for legal holidays).
3. Books containing 100,000 words or more are subject to an additional fee of $25. If IndieReader declines to provide a Review or if Author submits a Book containing 100,000 words or more and declines additional fees, Your payment and copies of the Book will be returned.
4. IndieReader will endeavor to provide an objective Review; however, every Review is subjective. No second reviews or refunds will be granted, regardless of the content or nature of the Review. IndieReader specifically disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties against non-infringement, and implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Author has no legal recourse, and may not threaten or commence litigation, if it does not agree with the Review, nor may Author suspend payment. If Author does suspend payment, the Review will become the property of IndieReader. If you commence litigation, you shall be liable for any legal fees incurred by IndieReader. Revisions of the Review will be considered only if it contains factual errors. Any revisions will be made at IndieReader’s discretion.
5. Author may reproduce the Review in its entirety or excerpt a portion of it for marketing or promotional purposes only. Author may not add words to, or alter the integrity of the Review. In each use of the Review, Author must include a credit attributing the Review to “IndieReader”.
6. Author represents and warrants that you are authorized to submit the Book for Review. You irrevocably release IndieReader, its affiliates, employees and reviewers, and shall indemnify, defend and hold them harmless from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, claims, costs and fees (including attorneys’ fees) related to or arising in connection with the Review and any breach of this Agreement.
7. Author may not assign this Agreement. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements and understanding between you and IndieReader regarding the subject matter hereof. This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted according to the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflicts of law provisions and shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors, permitted assigns and representatives. Author hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in State of New Jersey, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and settle any and all matters involving the parties.
Communication. By signing up for the newsletter or purchasing a product, I consent to receive information and marketing materials from IndieReader.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof.
Governing Law; Severability. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New Jersey. Jurisdiction for all purposes hereunder shall be the courts of the State of New Jersey, and the parties hereby consent to such jurisdiction and venue. If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this Agreement.
No Agency. No agency, partnership, joint venture or other joint relationship is created hereby.
Acknowledgement. By using the Service you acknowledge that you have read this Agreement, understand it and will be bound by its terms and conditions.
I have reviewed and am prepared and authorized to accept these Terms of Service.