Last updated: 06/28/2019
IndieReader Website Usage and Purchase Customer Agreement
Please read this Agreement carefully before using this Website. This Agreement constitutes a legal agreement between you and IndieReader. You are only authorized to access the Website if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and this Agreement. Any additional terms and conditions proposed by you which are in addition to or which conflict with this Agreement are expressly rejected by us and shall be of no force or effect. If you do not agree with this Agreement, you should leave the Website immediately.
Terms & Conditions
1. This Agreement can not be cancelled nor monies refunded. If IndieReader declines to provide the Review, you will receive a full refund for your purchase. If IndieReader elects to provide the Review, the Review process will begin after IndieReader receives this signed and dated Agreement, two copies of the Book (three copies are required for entry in the IndieReader Discovery Awards) and payment. Copies of the Book become the property of IndieReader and will not be returned to Author.
2. Standard reviews are generally completed and returned to Author within seven to nine weeks, while rush reviews are completed and returned to Author within four to six weeks (an additional week will be added for legal holidays).
3. Books containing 100,000 words or more are subject to an additional fee of $25. If IndieReader declines to provide a Review or if Author submits a Book containing 100,000 words or more and declines additional fees, Your payment and copies of the Book will be returned.
4. IndieReader will endeavor to provide an objective Review; however, every Review is subjective. No second reviews or refunds will be granted, regardless of the content or nature of the Review. IndieReader specifically disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties against non-infringement, and implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Author has no legal recourse, and may not threaten or commence litigation, if it does not agree with the Review, nor may Author suspend payment. If Author does suspend payment, the Review will become the property of IndieReader to publish as we choose. If you commence litigation, you shall be liable for any legal fees incurred by IndieReader. Revisions of the Review will be considered only if it contains two or more factual errors. Any revisions will be made at IndieReader’s discretion.
5. Author may reproduce the Review in its entirety or excerpt a portion of it for marketing or promotional purposes only. Author may not add words to, or alter the integrity of the Review. In each use of the Review, Author must include a credit attributing the Review to “IndieReader”.
6. Author represents and warrants that you are authorized to submit the Book for Review. You irrevocably release IndieReader, its affiliates, employees and reviewers, and shall indemnify, defend and hold them harmless from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, claims, costs and fees (including attorneys’ fees) related to or arising in connection with the Review and any breach of this Agreement.
7. Author may not assign this Agreement. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements and understanding between you and IndieReader regarding the subject matter hereof. This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted according to the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to its conflicts of law provisions and shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors, permitted assigns and representatives. Author hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in State of New Jersey, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and settle any and all matters involving the parties.
To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available as a quick link at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the IndieReader website. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Current address
- Home Town/place of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit/Debit Card Information
- Information about your book and your book’s history
We use the contact information and credit card information you provide when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use the contact information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use the email address you provide as follows:
By signing up for the newsletter or purchasing a product, you consent to receive information and marketing materials from IndieReader. Any email newsletter or auto-response e-mail campaign we send you will always have simple and clear “opt-out” option listed.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
CAN SPAM Act